Friday, April 2, 2010

SkyWatch Friday - Little Sisters of the Poor



"Jeanne Jugan is the foundress and first Little Sister of the Poor. On October 11, 2009 she was canonized a Saint by Pope Benedict XVI.

A Saint for old age and every age:
Jeanne Jugan gave herself entirely to God and the elderly poor. As our aging population continues to grow and dignity at the end of life is increasingly threatened, Jeanne Jugan offers herself as a friend and patron of the elderly. She is a Saint for old age."

Read more about Little Sisters of the Poor here.

Wishing a wonderful Good Friday to my dearest friend, Father Adam, blogging at Monastery Daily Photo and to all my Christian friends.

Visit other SkyWatchers here!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, LL. I appreciate your good wishes....and I like today's post. The wispy clouds look like an angel flying down from heaven.

    I'll be back in the blogosphere on Easter. I hope your Passover was great. FA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool shots! In the first picture it seems as if it's not a cloud, but a Comet :-)

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete

So nice to hear from you!

Warm regards,
Lori Lynn