Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Wilson "7"

Wilson's First Day Home
March 19, 2006

It's been 4 years since Wilson came to live with me. He was three years old when I rescued him. Poor sweet little 17lb. Wilson was brutally attacked by another dog, his eye torn loose from its socket. And then, as if things couldn't get worse, his family decided to dump him at a shelter rather than continue with his emergency medical treatment. Wilson was rescued from the shelter by Boston Buddies. They were not able to save his eye. I read about Wilson on their website, and shortly after that, they brought him over to see if he and Mrs. O'Mally were compatible.



Mrs. O'Mally & Wilson
March 25, 2006

Within a week he and my darling late Mrs. O'Mally became the best of friends. In spite of his bad experience, Wilson is a love bug. He had a hard start in his first three years of life, but I hope we have made up for that these past 4 years. Happy Birthday Little Guy!

6 comments:

  1. What a sad story for Wilson's first years. Yes, you have made up for it - and rescue dogs know that. I love all your photos, and esp. that include Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you and for Wilson! He looks like a little love bug, and what a great writing and photography companion he has been! Keep up the good work, and Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to my little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmph! I'm normally quite...um...normal, but Boz and I just want to give Wilson a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your nice comments!
    Love,
    Lori Lynn & Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Wilson!!! You are both ever so lucky to have found each other! We celebrate Indi's birthday as well as her adoption day (I call it Indi Day)every year. Dogs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

So nice to hear from you!

Warm regards,
Lori Lynn