Friday, January 14, 2011

hiatus

photo 1/13/2011 4:57 pm
skywatch friday
visit other skywatchers here

hi·a·tus   
[hahy-ey-tuhs]
–noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.
a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

I started San Pedro Daily Photo on Jan. 3, 2009 to share my love of this unique town located on the seaside corner of America's second largest city. Posting almost daily through August 2010, sharing photos of spectacular sunrises over the Port of LA, roses in my garden, the parks, and more. Then came a month of whirlwind traveling and Project Food Blog, a contest that took many hours a week in competition with some of the world's best food bloggers. It was a blast, a blogging experience like no other.

So after PFB I had intended to resume daily posting on spdp but, well, you know, life is busy and for no reason in particular I have not resumed my daily posts of this darling little town. My trusty Boston Terrier, Wilson, and I still walk the parks and streets and beaches of San Pedro almost every day of the week, but now, sans camera. One day, perhaps soon, the camera will make its way back into the pocket of my sweatshirt, and I will resume posting micro and macro photos of my charming little town?

In the meantime, I want to thank you for your comments, support, and interest in San Pedro... San Pedro is a most photogenic town, we could post daily for years of the port, the beaches, the local hills, the distant snow-covered mountains, the interesting people, the flora, the fauna, the charming homes, the historic buildings, and on and on.

I still blog avidly on my other site Taste With The Eyes. I hope you will stop by over there and pay me a visit. It it mostly about food, food photography "where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook" but there are also San Pedro events and local restaurants woven in too. And an occasional photo of our breathtaking sunrises over the Port. And I plan continue to share our favorite seasonal local event, the Sunken City Supper Club. So, please, let's remain friends. And know how much I love this little town and continue to appreciate your support and friendship.

Fondly,
Lori Lynn

4 comments:

  1. This is a strikingly beautiful photo. With all that has happened in the last week, the flag flying at half mast is so appropriate. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful photo. Have a good break and see you on your other blog -- Taste with the Eyes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, love the pics! San Pedro is a definitely a unique town to say the least. Not only because of the people and how much we are proud of our city, but the Landmarks we have. You may be interested in checking out another great website in San Pedro called SanPedroCoupons.com.

    I actually stumbled upon it recently when I met the owner. He's from San Pedro and posts free coupons for businesses within the area. You can text, print or redeem them through your phone at any business.

    But thanks for the site...its hard to find a good site like this about our little town on the water. Despite its history...we aren't a widely know town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite the hiatus! :) We need you back and we need you now. :)

    ___
    call South Africa

    ReplyDelete

So nice to hear from you!

Warm regards,
Lori Lynn