Friday, May 7, 2010

FLAT STANLEY SLAM DUNKS!

"I'm flat but I can still jump!"

"Let me show you how it's done."

"Thanks for the lift Coach Austin!"

My nephew Stone's second grade class has just finished reading the book Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. In the story, Stanley is flattened, but not hurt, when a bulletin board falls on top of him. His parents, Mr. & Mrs. Lambchop, send him on a vacation (in an envelope) to visit relatives.

Each student in Stone's class has chosen a friend or relative to entertain Flat Stanley on another trip. Stone chose me! I was instructed to dress Stanley in a way to reflect his visit to Los Angeles, so we borrowed Kobe Bryant's Laker uniform! Now Stanley is ready to explore San Pedro, Los Angeles, and the Port.

In a few weeks he will return to Chicago (in an envelope) with photos and a journal of his trip. Stone's class will mark each location that Stanley has visited on a world map. They are excited to see the places where Stanley Lambchop went on his globetrotting adventure!

FLAT STANLEY'S DAILY ADVENTURES:
AMERICAN MERCHANT MARINE VETERANS MEMORIAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice to hear from you!

Warm regards,
Lori Lynn